How to Activate Green Dot Card?
Activate Green Card Green Dot is regarded as one of the top suppliers of credit cards for prepaid debit along with secured credit cards. The American bank and financial technology holding firm are among the biggest provider of prepaid debit cards across the world. It is well-known and is well-known for providing customers incredible convenience and convenience by offering its services. If you recently received a new credit card from Green Dot and looking to activate it for the first time, you can accomplish this through the company’s official website.Activate Green Dot Card
However, if you’re seeking a way to register the Green Dot card over the phone, unfortunately, due to reasons of security, Green Dot can not permit you to sign up your card via phone. For more information on how to register the Green Dot card online, read the instructions below.
Table of Contents
Guide to Activate Green Dot Card
METHOD 1: Activating a Green Dot Debit Card
If you’re planning to add your Green Dot debit card, you’ll need to follow these steps.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of the Green Dot official website – https://www.greendot.com/ to activate your card online. Because it is a secure site and secure, all data you transmit through the site will be secured and visible only to on the Green Dot.
- Once you’ve reached the home page on the homepage of Green Dot, you will have to click on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal lines) found in the upper-right part of the display. It will display a brand new tab that will display a variety of choices. Activate GreenCard
- In the options that are presented, You will have to select the Register A New Card In Hand If you select this option then you will be brought to the next screen, where you will be asked to enter the details of your card in the fields provided.
- Input the 16-digit number of your card as well as the dates of expiration (MM/YY) and CVV into the fields. The information is available on the card that you are trying to sign up for. The 16-digit number of your card is located on the card’s front. The expiry date is listed under the card number you can locate a CVV code on the reverse of the Green Dot card.
- After you have entered the necessary information of your card into the appropriate fields You will then need to hit the “Next” ” Next” buttons. If you entered the correct card information then you will be directed to the next screen where you’ll be required to fill in additional information. If you encounter an error message when you click upon the button Next button, you’ll have to confirm that you entered the details of your card in the correct manner. But, if, when you enter the proper details you still receive an error message, it’s recommended to contact the number that is on the back of your card.
- If you’re on the second page you’ll have to input your personal information in order to complete the registration process for your credit card. It is a requirement because The USA PATRIOT Act requires banks to collect as well as verify the personal details of every account holder. To activate your account, you need to give your:
- Mobile phone number
- Social Security number
Note: Green Dot also offers a mobile application that you can download and then use to activate your card and control your account.
How to Activate Green Dot Card? Also Search
|green dot unlimited card||how to activate walmart green dot card|
|green dot customer service||how to activate replacement green dot card|
|greendot card||how to activate green dot credit card|
|green dot card balance||how long does it take to activate green dot card|
|green dot prepaid card||how long to activate green dot card|
METHOD 2: Activating a Green Dot Platinum Card
The Green Dot Platinum card is basically a credit card that is pre-paid where you are asked to make a deposit in order to protect your line of credit. The amount of the deposit will be the size of your credit line. In other words, if, for example, you’ve deposited $500, you’ll get an account with a credit limit of $500. Additionally, it is important to note that you can use the Green Dot Platinum card as an actual credit card, it is not a debit or credit card. You must pay your monthly charges on a credit card and pay the interest. The cash isn’t deducted from the account you have deposited.
Below are step-by-step instructions that you must follow:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of Green Dot Platinum Card’s official website – https://www.platinum.greendot.com/ to activate your card online.
- Once you have arrived at the home page for Green Dot Platinum, click on the homepage. Green Dot Platinum card, you’ll need to select the “ Card Activation“ option that is located in the right-hand side of your screen. This will open a brand new page on your screen that contains the form you’ll have to fill in with the required details.
- On the next screen you will receive the card activate form which you must complete with the following necessary details:
- Account Number
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Last 4 digits from your Social Security number
- Expiration date
- CVC/CVV Number
- Date of Birth
- Zip Code
- Enter your account number as well as your personal information, as directed on the screen in the appropriate fields. After you’ve entered your information after clicking to click”Activate Card”, you will be directed to the next screen “Activate Card” button, you will be taken on to the subsequent screen.
- The next screen will appear You will have to follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete activation of the Green Dot Platinum Card.
Note: As Green Dot will send your usage and payment information to the big credit bureaus. You may also make use of credit cards with the Green Dot Platinum card to increase your credit score over time. Keep your balance on your card low and pay each month on time to avoid fines and adverse impacts on your credit rating. Also, it is recommended to not have the balance of your card because you could be charged interest which can make it more difficult to pay off the balance over time.
These are the steps that you’ll need to follow to start activating the Green Dot debit card and Platinum credit card.