- The rewards on credit cards are better than cash. This is the reason why cash-back credit cards have become the preferred choice for a lot of people. It is possible to choose a card that offers an attractive, substantial base rate for all your purchases, as high as 2 percent or cards that provide higher rewards on certain categories of purchases. Some customers are willing to use multiple cards at once to ensure they get the highest reward of five percent on purchases. Below , we present our choices of the top cash back cards currently available starting with the flat rate cards. They all have no annual fees unless stated:Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Citi Double Cash Get 2% cashback on all purchases. You’ll get the 1% discount on the day you purchase, and you’ll get the remaining 1% when you pay off the balance. If you’re able to pay your amount in full each month (and you ought to) you’ll receive the 2% rebate right away If not however, you’ll still receive 2% if you’re able to complete your purchase.
- PayPal Cashback MasterCard You can earn 2percent cash back on all purchases, however keep in mind that the 2.2% cash back is paid into the account of your PayPal account. It’s not difficult to transfer the money into your account at a bank if you’d prefer however, it requires an additional step.
- Alliant Credit Union Signature Visa – This card provides an unbeatable 2.5 percent cash back on all purchases. Why is it not #1 among this top 10 list? It’s because it has the annual fee of $99 (though it’s waived in the initial year). Also how it compares against other cards will be contingent on the amount you’ll spend using it. You’ll have to calculate. If you’re spending more than $20,000 on this card per year, you’ll probably be earning greater than two of the cards mentioned above regardless of having to pay the annual fees. This is a pretty high threshold for a lot of people, and this card is worthy of note but it’s not the best choice suitable for every person. Although it’s an account at a credit union membership is
- American Express Cash Magnet Card This card has a cash-back rate for this card is lower than 1.5 percent, however you could earn an additional $200 in bonus cash that the cards mentioned above don’t offer when you spend at least $1000 using the card within the first 3 months after being a cardholder.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited offers 1.5 percent cashback on all purchases, and the chance to earn $200 bonus when you purchase at the least $500 worth of items using the card within its first 30 days.
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash back rate on this card is lower at 1.5 percent, however you’ll earn a simple $150 bonus on the first day, if you make at least $500 using the card within the first 3 months after using it.
- Discover It Miles You can earn 1.5 “miles” per dollar that translates into an 1.5 percent rebate when you decide to redeem them in cash. This is a unique bonus chance Your first-year rebate earning will be doubled, which means you will receive 3percent back on all the purchases you make in Year 1.
- open to everyone but don’t let that dissuade you from applying if the cash-back formula for this card works for you.
Credit Cards with a Higher Rate Purchase Categories:
- Ideal for dining out (and the Best All-Round):The Wells Fargo Propel Card provides the highest cash-back rates you can find when dining with the card that has no annual fee and you’ll also earn an additional 3% in many other categories of purchases including fuel and rideshares (Uber/Lyft) and hotel rooms, flights and accommodation (Airbnb for instance) and streaming services (Netflix etc.).) and much more. In addition, you’ll be able to receive a 20,000-point cash bonus (worth 200 dollars in cash) in the event that you spend at minimum $1000 on the card within the first 3 months after opening your account. (You will find cash back of 4% for dining using cards like those from Capital One Savor and the American Express Gold Card however, these cards come with annual fees that consume (pun intended) the cash back, and therefore they’re best considered in the case of a significant enough spender to make annual fee worthwhile.)
- Best for Grocery Shopping:The Blue Cash Everyday Credit Card from American Express offers the benefit of 3% off grocery purchases as well as 2% off at gas stations and percent anywhere else. (If the amount you pay for groceries is greater than 3000 dollars, in grocery items in a year, it’s worth paying an annual fee of $95 and instead purchase an Blue Cash Preferred Credit Card that gives you an additional 6% cash back in grocery stores.)
- Ideal for Cell Phone or wireless service: The US Bank Cash+ Visa lets you select two categories of spending each quarter, in which you receive 5% cash back among the categories that could be considered is the wireless phone service. (You’ll also earn cash back at 2% in a different spending category, and 1% cash back on all other spending categories.)
Credit Cards with a Rotating 5 % Categories:
Important: These cards may be very lucrative in the selected categories, but you need to be aware of the adjustments each quarter in the calendar and remember that you must “opt in” to get the 5% cash back on bonus categories that are offered in that quarter.
- Chase Freedom Card Not to be mistaken for Chase Freedom Unlimited This card offers you 5% off purchases in categories that change every quarter, and on up to $1500 worth of purchases. The rest of your purchases earn one percent cash back.
- Discover It Card The card provides cash-back of 5% on purchases that are subject to change every quarter, for up to $1500 of these purchases. All other purchases earn one percent cash back. Note: At the conclusion of your first year using the Discover card, they will increase the amount of cash-back you earned during the first year.